Ek Buyers aims to make the upgrading process as easy and fast as possible. As of right now, Ek Buyers offers free shipping for any devices sold. For services are coming soon.
Offering 2 days’ fast payout options from PayPal or Check.
We even offer Charity options so you can sell the device to Ek Buyers and we make the donation for you, instead of you having to waste your time.
Our Mission and Effort
Today more and more electronics are discarded in landfills, leading to dangerous health and environmental risks. Each year 128 million cell phones are retired from use. Many of these electronics are still in working conditions, and even if they’re not, some of their parts can be used to repair other devices that can be resold to someone who needs to buy a newish phone on a budget. It can also be donated to schools, low income families and E.T.C. Recycling old electronics is a much better option than just keeping it in a drawer with no use. Keeping these electronics out of landfills also lowers the chance of causing damage to residents. Most electronics contain hazardous or toxic materials which can cause an environmental problem if discarded in the trash. Safely recycling and reusing electronics helps keep substances like lead and mercury from harming residents and other people.
Security and Environment
No Device sold at Ek Buyers can be reported lost or stolen.
All Devices sold at Ek Buyers will be subjected to a full data removal.
All Devices sold at Ek Buyers will be fully inspected.
All Devices sold at Ek Buyers are either resold, refurbished or recycle in a proper manner partnering with the best, safest recyclers in the United States.
To achieve this policy, Ek Buyers has initiated a Quality and Environmental Management System to comply with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 standards. The Quality and Environmental Management System is comprised of the Quality and Environmental Manual and all associated documents. Management and staff at every level shall be made aware of its requirements, responsible for its adoption and implementation, and provided with the resources necessary to pursue this policy.
Ek Buyers’ recycling partners must adhere and commit to the following:
- No export policy with regard to unprocessed recyclable e-waste material
- No landfill policy to prevent any and all e-waste from entering solid waste landfills
- No use of prison labor as defined in Basel Action Network’s e-Stewards pledge
- Data Security: All products are wiped free of personal data prior to destruction
Additionally, they must also be associated or accredited by one or more of the following:
- Independently audited ISO 9001:2000 and/or 14001 certifications
- A state issued ID # or recognized equivalent from the EPA
- A documented EMS (Environmental Management System)
- A safe, environmentally sound workplace free from any OSHA violations or citations
Ek Buyers & its partners support the EPA’s “R2” initiatives for responsible recycling practices:
- Develop and use a management system that covers environmental, worker safety and public health practices on-site and downstream management of end-of-life (EOL) equipment and materials;
- Establish a policy that promotes reuse and materials recovery for EOL equipment and materials; Comply with environmental, health, and safety legal requirements, both domestically and internationally, that are applicable to the recyclers’ operations; Use practices to reduce exposures and emissions during recycling operations; Export (or arrange for the export of) focus materials only to foreign countries that accept them.
- Focus materials are: cathode ray tubes (CRTs) and CRT glass; circuit boards (unless they have had batteries and mercury-containing items removed and are lead free); batteries; and items containing mercury and/or polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs), both in EOL equipment and when separated as components; Send EOL equipment and all material derived from this equipment, that contain focus materials only to facilities that are properly licensed to receive these materials, and use technology designed to safely and effectively manage these materials – whether in the U.S. or another country; Ensure that an electronics recycler does not use energy recovery, incineration, or land disposal as a management strategy for focus materials or equipment and components containing focus materials. However, if circumstances beyond the control of the R2 recycler disrupt its normal management of a focus material, it may consider these technologies to the extent allowed under applicable law; Exercise due diligence in ensuring that downstream recyclers and processors manage recycled materials appropriately, throughout the downstream recycling chain;
- Ensure that materials going for reuse are refurbished and tested for functionality, and residual focus materials are managed responsibly;
- Ensure that personal data on EOL electronics going to reuse or recycling are cleared or destroyed; and Track throughput and keep records; store and transport material securely and safely; and possess insurance, closure plans, and financial mechanisms to cover the potential risks of the facility.